SUMMARY: Responsible to lead and manage multiple projects. Most of these projects will be for customers installing Jenzabar application software. Other projects include helping existing customers moving to a new platform or moving to a new release of Jenzabar application software. Project Managers are responsible to develop an implementation timeline and budget for all projects and keep the project on time and within the budget. Project Managers will work closely with the customer to anticipate changes and to recommend options to the customer to keep the project as close as possible to the original timeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Based on the contract from the Sales team, the project manager will assemble a project timeline that will account for all tasks and resources required to deliver what the customer expects.
• Schedule all resources and identify all milestones that will be required to complete the project, including tasks that are to be completed by the customer.
• Work with the Sales team during the sales cycle to answer project management questions for customers in addition to providing input during the pre-assessment phase. May be asked to layout sample projects to help a prospect make the right decision.
• Would be required to make on-site visits to customer sites to roll out the project and perform other duties to keep the project on track.
• Familiarity with the Jenzabar product line to assist customers when on-site and to be able to answer questions or know where to get answers pertaining to product questions.
• Always work with the customers in a positive manner even when the customer is under a lot of stress due to the changes you are imposing on them. Periodically, the responsibilities of the project manager will necessitate decision-making that may not be well received by the customer. In these cases, it is essential to be assertive with the customer and when able provide the customer with as many options as possible.
• Communications - Written updates to the customer and the account team need to occur on a bi-weekly basis. These updates will include a list of customer assignments, their respective due dates and status. These updates will be sent via E-mail. In addition, there will be monthly meetings held between the Jenzabar project manager, customer project manager and participants at the school that would represent the module owners. These meetings will be held monthly throughout the life cycle of the project. These meetings are essential to managing customer expectations through the course of the project.
• Pull appropriate meetings together at Jenzabar to solve situations that come up during the life of a project.
• Respond to customer inquiries within a 24-hour period. Our customers need to know we have a sense of urgency about their concerns.
• The project manager will escalate to the appropriate party any instance of a delayed milestone when the delay is a result of Jenzabar missing an internal deadline.
• Will follow-up within 3 days of any written request or outstanding incidents. The customer will always be notified within 24 hours of receiving a written document (whether it is a training trip report or customer correspondence, etc.) that we have received their request and are working on it. Regular follow-up will take place with the customer until the incident(s) is resolved.
• Work as a team with the other project managers to continuously improve the process of project management here at Jenzabar and aide in mentoring new associates. Be creative in solving customer problems but also share that innovation with the organization in order to update company standards and continue to deliver consistent, high quality service
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SPECIAL SKILLS : Experience managing ERP Implementations and PMI Certification.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; and two to four years administrative experience in higher education; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None