Join the Jenzabar product development team working to transform higher education enterprise products into beautiful user experiences. Work closely with product managers to discover user stories. Share ideas early and often with other designers in search of the best idea, and collaborate on a shared pattern library of Sketch symbols and front end code. Stay current on the constantly changing world of UX with an innate drive to learn, share and interpret, with a diverse and passionate team of other designers. Be an advocate for UX at Jenzabar.
- Conduct surveys and user interviews to uncover user stories, find the most valuable features, and learn about user goals, concerns and behaviors
- Lead all aspects of a project team UX/UI design, including user research, interaction design, information architecture and visual design, with support from a diverse UX team
- Participate regularly with other UX/UI designers in critique sessions, sharing your design ideas, understanding goals and offering ideas for improvement
- Prototype ideas quickly and share with Jenzabar stakeholders and user advisory groups, iterating and focusing ideas into a minimal viable product
- Demonstrate a passion to learn independently and share UX knowledge and expertise with others
- Create a wide variety of UX/UI deliverables that fit the specific design challenge, including, personas, research findings, white board sketches, mockups and prototypes
- Create responsive designs that maximize the user’s experience on desktop and all mobile devices
- Invent and re-use scalable, common design patterns that assist developers and quality assurance engineers in building and testing efficiently
- Work with front-end developers to ensure designs comply with WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- A degree or certificate in a relevant field, or commensurate background & experience
Desired Experience and Skills
- Previous experience designing products for multiple devices in a responsive design application
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Sketch and Invision
- Thorough understanding of web design, principles of user-centered design, and information architecture
- Up-to-date knowledge of web development trends and technology
- Proven ability to define new approaches to complex design problems
- Comfortable talking with customers to present design ideas and to solicit feedback on current designs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, a positive and professional attitude, and problem solving ability
- Flexible, able to compromise
The Jenzabar culture is one that fosters an entrepreneurial environment, where employees are encouraged to be creative, work hard, and have a great time while doing so. We believe in open doors, asking tough questions, respecting each other, and surpassing our clients’ expectations every step of the way. It’s an enjoyable place to be, with casual dress and a relaxed atmosphere.
Jenzabar Student Information Systems are higher education's most selected platform!
Jenzabar associates are top performers in their fields of expertise and they’re dedicated to delivering industry-leading enterprise and software solutions to colleges and universities across the world. We’re always seeking talented people to join our team who are passionate about our products and our mission, dedicated to keeping balance in their professional and personal lives, committed to productivity, innovative, creative and resourceful, collaborative, committed to working without borders, respectful of our clients and colleague and entrepreneurial in spirit.
We strive to support our employees’ health and well-being with a superior benefits package that includes:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Paid vacation and personal time
- Eleven paid holidays
- Availability of supplemental insurance: Reliance Standard
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, 100% company-paid
- Group life insurance, 100% company-paid
- Vision benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Associate referral bonus
- Company matched 401(k) retirement and savings plan