SUMMARY OF POSITION
Sr. Software Engineer
(Position Location: Cincinnati)
Jenzabar, a leader in educational enterprise software development, is looking for a Software Engineer to be part of the team discovering an exciting future where innovation, technology, and teamwork set the pace. We are seeking an associate with vision, creativity, energy and enthusiasm that is eager to be part of a dynamic team applying strong analytical skills to create winning business solutions. Associates should have a passion for client satisfaction, team efforts and quality work. Proven abilities in analyzing business needs and incorporating them into positive results
The Software Engineer will work from our product development office in Cincinnati, Ohio. In this role you will become a team member working on the Agile Scrum team that is building the industry’s next generation Financial Aid software package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
• Design and program web application features including presentation, business logic, and persistence layers
• Build and execute unit tests and integration tests
• Help other team members to test the features they have built
• Participate in all Agile Scrum team ceremonies including Daily Stand Up, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
• Work with Help Desk team when required to provide support for technical issues that are encountered.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned including conducting technical training/demos (internal and external), creating technical documentation and similar activities, as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field
• 5+ years’ experience as a full stack web developer using Java technologies
• Excellent SQL skills including relational design and performance tuning
• Experience with the Linux operating system
• Experience with Agile Scrum or the ability to quickly learn the Agile Scrum methodology and become an Agile evangelist
• Experience working with source code management tools such as Git and Subversion
• Voracious desire to learn new technologies fast
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the functions and needs of Administrative Software used by higher education
• Must be a team player
• Demonstrated commitment to quality work required.
• Demonstrable experience with developing dynamic, data-driven web applications
• Experience working with JIRA for managing software development
• Experience communicating directly to customers to gain insight into product requirements and software features or issues